The school will open on Monday June 19 at 14:30h to allow participants to arrive on the morning and will close on Friday June 30 at 13:30h so that participants can travel back on the afternoon. The detailed schedule can be found HERE. Also as a printer friendly PDF file.
The School program includes six main courses:
- First week
- Second week
- Active matter, by Leticia F. Cugliandolo, Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris VI.
- Collective phenomena in neuronal networks: experiments, theoretical modelling and simulations, by Jaume Casademunt and Jordi Soriano, Universitat de Barcelona.
- Mobility networks and social big data, by José Javier Ramasco, IFISC (CSIC-UIB).
Each course includes a 1h lecture on Monday afternoon, a 1h15m lecture each morning from Tuesday to Friday and two 1h20m hands on sessions on the afternoon.
Besides the main courses, the schedule also includes the following talks:
- IFISC Colloquium: Laurens Molenkamp, Würzburg University, Topological Physics in HgTe-based Quantum Devices
- IFISC Seminar: Majid Taki, Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Rogue waves formation in optics
- Talk: Claudio R. Mirasso, IFISC (CSIC-UIB), Study of complex phenomena in neuronal circuits using mesoscopic models
- IFISC Seminar: Llorenç Serra, IFISC (CSIC-UIB), Majorana physics in hybrid nanowires
- IFISC Seminar: Horacio S. Wio , IFISC (CSIC-UIB), Non-conventional hysteretic cycles, energy harvesting: stochastic aspects
- IFISC Seminar: Ingo Fischer, IFISC, Neuro-inspired optical information processing: concept and applications
Participant's are encouraged to present their work as a poster (with a maximum width of 90 cm and a maximum length of 130 cm) and a 4 min. talk sumarizing the contents of the poster. Posters will be on display for a whole week on the same location as the cofee break to promote discussion. The list of poster abstracts can be found HERE.